Thursday, November 5, 2009

Shyne Speaks For First TimeSince Release

On Monday, just days after former Bad Boy artist Shyne was deported to Belize ater a nine year prison sentence , the rapper is finally speaking up. However, his first words have not been given directly to the media, but to the students of the high school he once attended, Wesley College. Shyne, who has recently changed his name from Jamal Barrow to Moses Michael Levly, explained that he has not converted to Judaism as commonly reported, but that he now looks to Biblical figures for inspiration.




"In life, you are what you are and this is what I am," he said. "I don't want to be like Michael Jordan. I want to be like Moses or King David or King Solomon. Those are the guys I aspire to be like. I didn't want to be like the kingpin on my block; I wanted to be like the guy who parted the sea, that's why I chose that name."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment