Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Drake Discusses Written Freestyles

Drake spoke to MTV regarding the small controversy that surrounded his Hot 97 freestyle where the Canadian MC read rhymes written on his cell phone.




"I'll never forget the night, man, when I went up to Hot 97, and it wasn't scheduled," Drake told MTV. "It wasn't like, you know, 'Drake's coming up here Tuesday.' It was literally like, 'Funk Flex wants to meet you,' and bam, like, two seconds later, it was like, 'Let's go on the radio and just kill New York.' I'll never forget how nervous I was. It was such a rookie hip-hop moment — and, obviously, the controversy of me pulling out my phone and rapping off my phone because I just wasn't prepared. A lot of people don't know the difference between freestyle or off the top and coming to a radio show knowing you got to go there, so you got verses cued up in your head, whether they be off your upcoming album or verses just that you have laying around. A lot of artists get that preparation time."

http://hiphopgame.ihiphop.com/news.php3?id=4757

No comments:

Post a Comment