Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Poetry Corner: Ebony Robinson.... "I wish I had met her before" & [untitled]





I wish I had met her before


I wish I had met her before
maybe I could have loved her better
when I promised her forever, it was in perfect confidence
now I sit holding the fragments of what we were
loving her was easy
she shined light into my darkness
but I still couldn't find my way out
my demons still haunted me
I found refuge within her walls
but I could only stay for a little while
I loved her more than anything
but I still broke her heart 




[untitled]
Sometimes it cuts like a knife
I sit consumed in the regret, drowning in the what ifs
Haunted by your memory
And sometimes I just try to pretend like you never existed
Act like I don’t care on that “fuck that bitch” type shit
A facade that I wear well
But I’m exposed in those moments when we walk past each other in the street
Our eyes meet and the words the words that I try so desperately to deny come pouring out through the gateways to my soul, the portals that can bring nothing but truth
The words that if uttered would shatter the universe
I miss you.
And its funny how your ability to see through me was what I once loved about you
But now it seems to be a cruel insult added to injury
Because we both know that vulnerability was never my thing
I refuse to admit that I am hurting, especially to you
But its those moments when our eyes meet... you see



DOPENESS...

Check Ebony Out On Facebook... Just Click The Link Below...

No comments:

Post a Comment